Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thinking about a 50's vibe home

Lately I've been really fancying mid-century modern furniture - a la Mad Men. I find the  simple clean lines refreshing.



I've decided to embark on this unknown territory and collect some furniture for my new place. So far, I've sealed two deals off of Craigslist that I'll be showing you later. They were a steal (6 Breuer dining chairs and a dresser) so I couldn't resist. Of course, I want to put my own stamp on them to introduce them to the 21'st century. Once I fully decide what it'll be, I'll make dedicated posting.
In the mean time, here are some ideas that have been going through my head:


Breuer dining (taken from flickerhivemind.net)... I like the simple round light. I could use a paper lantern.

This dresser looks much like the one I'm getting. I like the floral silhouette

Or a metallic finish stencil



And for an overall look...



It's a little too white, especially with a 3 yr old. 

Maybe...



There's definitely some potential. I've been lusting over the Emily convertible futon that's $189 at Walmart. 



It seems  like an affordable base to start with for my transformation. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment